Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Lion's Mane

I have issues with boundaries.

(I know, you're thinking: "No, really?")

I say "I love you" far too soon. All my life, all my adult life, anyway, I get entangled with people much too quickly. It's born of a desperate need in me, a need to latch on straight away and refuse to let go until that dead horse is beaten to a pulp.

My first husband- I married him four months after we met. Big mistake. My second husband- we waited two years to marry, but we got engaged less than three days after meeting- and at that point having known each other through the Internet only. Somehow that relationship is still maintaining. But he is much older than me, and I live in terror of the day he dies and leaves me alone.

Yes, I'm a freak. I am broken. I am completely messed up. I don't know how to fix this about me without ripping my life to shreds in the process.

Love is the scene I render
when you catch me wide awake
And love is the dream you enter
though I shake and shake and shake you
And love's the best endeavor
waiting in the lion's mane...

No comments: