Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Poles Apart

When I am hurt or upset, I shut down. I run away. I turn my back and refuse to listen.

This is something that has worked for me in the past, but maybe it's time to change, to open up. I want people to hear me, and to be heard you must first listen.

Break your silence. Open your heart. Share your dreams. Learn to love again.

Hey you...did you ever realise what you’d become
And did you see
that it wasn’t only me you were running from
Did you know all the time but it never bothered you anyway
Leading the blind while I stared out the steel in your eyes

The rain fell slow, down on all the roofs of uncertainty
I thought of you
and the years and all the sadness fell away from me
And did you know...
I never thought that you’d lose that light in your eyes


No comments: